Wow, this is coming out when we’re already one-third of the way into January! So timely! It’s probably because I got confused as to whether or not I should post a blog update when I kind of posted about that toward the end of 2016. Continue reading
Sorry that this is late. I wanted to watch every show I could, but I ended up missing out on a few.
(Spoilers in this post) Continue reading
I didn’t actually think I would do one of these, but seeing all of my blogger buddies do recap posts got me in the mood to do it, too.
…That’s a bit of a dangerous mentality right there, oops.
THIS IS A LONG POST Continue reading
I gotta thank raistlin0903 for nominating me for this award. He’s a passionate blogger who talks about and reviews so many things (namely board games, books, movies, anime, and tv shows). Thank you, raistlin0903!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15)
- Include this set of rules
- Inform your nominees
- My left arrow key, tab key, and CAPS LOCK key doesn’t work on my laptop. So typing out each post is a bit more of a hassle than it should be, but I’ve managed to get around that. Whenever I play a game that requires using the arrow keys, however, I have to use the on-screen keyboard progam to make my character move to the left (only if I can’t change the configurations).
- I actually like eating at Denny’s. I’m a sucker for diners.
- I met the girl who eventually became my girlfriend (and then my ex) online. When I was preparing to fly over to San Jose to meet her, my parents were full of questions. Since they’re pretty conservative, I told them that I was going on a field trip with some classmates. Well, it didn’t take long for them to see through that one. Then I said I was going to meet with a male friend. That led them to thinking that I was gay. As a result, I came clean and told them that I was meeting with a random stranger girl over the internet and that we had been talking for 3 months.
- I’ve cross-dressed before. These two pictures were taken years ago. Yes, I’m wearing a wig. No, I don’t have the clothes or the wig anymore. I had to throw them out because I didn’t want to sit through lectures about what’s right and wrong for a man. Sharing this also guarantees that I won’t be showing my face on this blog, I guess.
- I actually enjoy shopping in Bath & Body Works. So many scents! Too bad the local one is shutting down.
- I’m already having back problems, ohoho.
- To be honest, I was going to end this post with an improved cover of a song I covered years ago. There’s no one else in the house, my voice seems alright since I’ve haven’t eaten anything in over 14 hours, the whole shebang. But my tablet is dead. Oh, well.
None because I’m a bad blogger.
Yahari Bento – a reviewer who writes really in-depth posts about anime, manga, and light novels! If you’re in the mood for long and analytical posts, then you’re in for a treat!
Palpable Emotion – a reviewer who has been dissecting seasonal shows and who isn’t afraid to speak his mind. He’s recently changed domains, too, yay!
These awesome bloggers nominated me for The Blogger Recognition Award! Thanks, Yahari Bento and Palpable Emotion! I think it’s okay for me to answer their kindness since it’s a new year, right?
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Select up to 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
Remy was unemployed fool. Remy play visual novels while searching for job. Remy really enjoyed A Little Lily Princess and wanted to share opinion. Remy make blog.
- Be honest. If you don’t like a show or a movie or a book or a product, then you don’t like it. But do try to stay open-minded.
- Blogging is fun, but real life is more important. Your true friends and fans will understand if something comes up. Take care of that stuff first!
I’m going to be a trashy blogger and nominate
no one since this award has been circulated around for a while and has probably already been featured on everyone’s blog by now everyone who wants to receive this nomination if they want to.
I have to thank these following amazing bloggers who nominated me:
Cauthan – a blogger who writes series review and explores a show’s positives and negatives. I admire how he is very honest about his feeling regarding said shows. I want to treat him to a drink.
edsamac – a blogger who writes very analytical weekly write-ups about seasonal anime and who really deserves more love. He also appreciates Saki which makes him very cool in my eyes. I want to sit down with him and have a long talk over coffee.
inklinginfornography – a blogger who reviews novels, movies, and anime. He does a great job getting you interested in things without spoiling everything. I want the two of us to read the same book at the same time and compare notes.
Prattle – a blogger who focuses primarily on seasonal anime. Most of Prattle’s posts are short excerpts on a show (which talks about what works or didn’t work for the show in question), long detailed posts where a show’s fault are on full display, or educational articles which teach you how to be a more engaged critic. I want to sit on Prattle’s lap.
Auri – a blogger who primarily blogs about manga, particulary older shoujo titles. I’m always reminded that I need to read more manga whenever I read Auri’s posts. I want to treat Auri to lunch.
maengune – a blogger who likes harrassing me. Just kidding. She’s a kindred spirit who writes about yuri manga, yuri visual novels, and yuri anime. I want us to go ransack a buffet and a bar together.
– Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
So I’ve got 66 55 58 questions to answer.
HERE WE GO, FOLKS
1. What show or movie are you most looking forward to next seeing?
Uh, I’m really behind on what’s being shown in theaters, so there’s that. I can’t mention shows that aren’t even planned, right? I guess I’m looking foward to the second season of Yuki Yuna Yusha de Aru?
2. Has there ever been a show that you initially disliked upon seeing it the first time however ended up enjoying it the second time around? Y̶e̶a̶h̶,̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶
I liked Kiniro Mosaic more the second time. Maybe because I learned how to ignore the OTP by focusing on the other characters.
3. What’s your favorite underrated anime? What show deserves far more recognition than it currently has?
My current underdog favorite is Girlish Number. It got the short end of the stick when it came to ratings (which is understandable given its flaws), but I really feel like it had a solid message if you could try to understand the plight of the unpleasant yet endearing Chitose.
4. Do you have a favorite actor, voice actor, or seiyuu? If so, who?
Aoi Yuuki is my favorite for voicing my favorite mahjong monkey player.
5. You’re dreadfully thirsty – what’s your perfect thirst quencher?
I want to say Jameson Black Barrel Irish Whiskey, but booze only gets you dehydrated, doesn’t it? I guess some grape-flavored beverage will do the trick most of the time. Wouldn’t snub my nose at Monster Rehab (raspberry tea + energy!), which I relied on to keep me awake during my economics classes (I usually ended up snoozing, anyways).
6. What’s your favorite Opening (OP) or Ending (ED) sequence in anime?
Am I even allowed to include EDs of shows that I never watched? If so, I always come back to the ED to Natsuyuki Rendezvous (“Anata ni Deawanakereba” by Aimer). From what I can gather, the show is about a guy trying to romance a widow while her husband’s ghost watches from the sidelines? It’s a very sad song that always makes me feel sentimental.
7. Who or what is your favorite antagonist?
I guess that would be Chao Lingshen from Mahou Sensei Negima! She’s actually quite noble (I won’t explain why since I might spoil someone!)
8. What’s a key feature of a show that you look for to determine whether you like it or not?
Is there an emotional connect in this show for me? Will I feel moved and cry? Will I become motivated to do something with my life? Will I be glad I watched the show? If so, I will probably enjoy the show.
9. What is one thing you wish you could change about your favorite show or movie?
Studio Gokumi (no, wait, Ritz, you dropped the ball, too), you could have done a better job foreshadowing Takakamo Shizuno’s latent ability in Saki Achiga-hen. It wouldn’t have even taken five seconds. Amae Koromo could have wondered why she couldn’t perform her signature move back when Team Achiga visited Ryuumonbuchi High School. It would have been so easy. Instead, Shizuno’s power-up is abrupt and rushed and unsatsifying.
10. What was your favorite anime that aired this year (2016)?
I think that would be Love Live! Sunshine!! I’m in idol hell, sorry.
11. What are you looking forward to in 2017?
The possibility of attending Anime Expo for the first time in my life (or any con, really), I think? I need to start saving up.
1 – 5. Name five places you want to visit before you die and give a short reason why you want to go there. (Take note: PLACES, not countries)
- Akihabara, Japan – I would be at home with all that anime, manga, and visual novel stuff. I think.
- Somewhere in New York – I love cheesecake and pizza.
- Somewhere in Vietnam – I need to find out what has made me fall for Vietnamese girls in the past. Is it in the food (it’s good)? The culture?
- Somewhere in Italy – I like pasta more than rice these days since I eat rice too often. And real coffee! Maybe they’re doing something right because I ain’t a fan of the coffee over here.
- XXX, Taiwan – I miss my maternal grandparents. I don’t even know which province they live in, though. It’s in the countryside, though…I also miss the breakfasts there, I admit it. It’s very savory and thick. Okay, I’m a glutton.
6. If you could direct an anime, what would it be about? [you can name a novel, a plot, or even a genre. Get creative. You’re a blogger. 😉 ]
I am a huge fan of the underdog, so an idea I’ve had in my head for a while would involve a protagonist who is actually a knock-off. She’s an inferior clone of someone wicked except she’s fighting for the good guys. In order to catch up to the villains, who are all much stronger than her since she’s a failed experiment, she resorts to the same dark magic and arts the enemies use which only shortens her incredible short lifespan. And so she dies in the middle of the story. BUT she managed to convince one of the strongest villains to switch sides before dying, who then becomes the new protagonist. However, she had signed a pledge to remain loyal to their cause, so breaking the contract cuts her power considerably. After all, contracts have to be honored and it actually sucks being a good person! I don’t know.
7 – 11. Pick between the two (no reasons necessary)
- Goku vs. Naruto
- Melon-pan vs. An-pan
- Final Fantasy vs. Dragon Quest
- Childhood friend vs. “That other girl”
- Panty shot vs. Boob shot
You’re asking the hard questions, huh? (*μ_μ)
- Melon-pan. Red bean is just okay.
- Final Fantasy, I think.
- Childhood friend all the way. She’s been there since the beginning.
- Panty shot
1. If you were making an anime show, who you choose to handle the soundtrack?
The person behind this track. I love it to
2. Favorite Anime?
A-C-H-I-G-A LET’S GOOO
I know I said Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo was my favorite in my 30-day Anime Challenge, but I was wrong.
3. Which movies are you most looking forward to in 2017?
I’ve watched like 3 movies in 2 years, oops. I don’t even know what’s planned for 2017.
4. Do you have any predictions on the upcoming Evangelion movie?
Asuka dies. Masato dies. I hope I am wrong.
5. What are your thoughts on Rotoscoped animation?
I think it’s neat!
6. Who is your waifu?
Sporty girls always catch my eye. Especially if they wear ponytails.
7. If you could live in any fictional world, where would it be?
J-J-Jelly World in Neopets. I like jelly. （*/∇＼*）
8. Favorite Anime Director?
I’m not astute enough to pay attention to these kind of things.
9. English Dub or Subtitles?
I’ll take Subtitles for 500, Bob.
10. Which manga would you love to see get an anime adaptation?
Comic Girls. It’s going to be the next Gochuumon Usagi Desuka. I’m calling it now.
11. Favorite meme?
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ﾉ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ﾉ
Prattle actually didn’t provide questions but instead said we could either take the award and run or choose 11 questions out of the 22 Prattle answered. However, I’m going to make my own questions about Prattle and answer them.
1. Would you give Prattle chocolate milk?
Only after I see some tears flowing when I deny Prattle the holy elixir. Then I’ll give Prattle all the chocolate milk Prattle wants.
2. Would you let Prattle beat you up?
Y e s
3. Will you stop this since it seems to be headed in a weird direction?
Acacia Aurora’s questions
1. Blog names are always different. Why did you choose yours and would you want to change it?
You can get Remy from my actual name. And Fool is not too far off from my last name. So yeah. I don’t think I would change it for anything!
2. If you get to choose between living in a hard life with anime or easy life without anime, what would you choose? 🙂
Hard life, no questions asked.
3. Current favourite gif?
4. Do you like romantic stories when they are tragic or when they have a happy ending?
I thought I could handle tragic stories, but I’m really been getting my butt kicked by those recently.
5. Burning building! Your two favourite anime characters/ book characters are right here! ( Insert two names~ Be Honest!) Who do you choose?
Takakamo Shizuno and Koshigaya Komari are the two angels by my side.
I would save Komari because she has stubby legs and sucks at running. Meanwhile, Shizuno is a champion sprinter (in theory). She can get out of there by herself just fine!
6. Let’s say you get to have a character come to life for you. Would you like that or would you want to live in that world?
How about I sacrifice myself so a character can rise from the dead?
7. Which skill would you prefer- super memory or very keen observation skills?
Very keen observation skills, I think.
8. The best thing you like about blogging is?
The fact that we all get to know each other as we share our opinions about our fields of interest. It really creates a sense of community.
9. The worst thing about it is?
Finding out that a mutual unfollowed you and you don’t know why that happened and you’re too scared to ask since you don’t want to be bothersome.
10. If there was one thing you could say to someone and not be yelled for it, what would it be? ( No need to mention the person)
J, it’s actually hard listening to this band’s songs since they still remind me of you.
11. Bye then! Did you feel the questions were lame? If you could change one question, give the new one here and answer it!
The questions were fineeee. I ain’t changing what ain’t broke!
1. Where would you love to go on holiday?
It’s gotta be Japan! Ahhh, I hope I can get around the fact that I don’t know Japanese.
2. Why would you like to go to a tropical island or the Arctic more?
I think the Arctic is cool (heh), but I’ll prefer the tropical island! I can’t really handle cold weather.
3. Where would you most like to live?
I’m happy as long as there’s internet and tropical weather. I don’t think I can survive actual winters, wahaha. I guess Cali is good, still?
4. Which planet in the solar system would you visit?
Venus, I think. Imagine the headlines. “Astronaut has entered Venus. A real first time!”
5. Which animal would you choose to be?
A tiger, I think. Or maybe a housecat. Having human slaves sound pretty good.
6. Your favorite meme of 2016?
7. Do you believe in love at first sight?
8. Have you baked a cake, who for and was it a success?
Yeah, I baked a cake! It was my government class back as a senior in high school. We were learning about government types and we were using cakes to demonstrate the differences. Gotta get that extra credit, right? I guess it was a success since they ate up my cake first.
9. What flavor ice cream would you be?
Cherry jubilee, I think. Sorry to those of you who hate cherries!
10. Which chocolate is your favorite? Dark, white, milk?
I like white chocolate. Especially the cookies n’ cream chocolate bar. It’s not really chocolate, though, right?
11. What is your favorite food?
Gotta go with congee. The stuff’s always got my back when I don’t feel like chewing or when I’m feeling sick.
I’m going to be a lazy blogger and not nominate 11 more people or list 11 more questions. The cycle ends here!
Hopefully that was somewhat entertaining.
Gab and Vign become better friends with Satania (kind of).
(Spoilers in this review) Continue reading
More loli cats.
(Spoilers in this review) Continue reading
Natsuki continues to prove she ain’t just a normal country girl. She’s an idol daredevil!
(Spoilers in this review) Continue reading